Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Book Review: Earth Unaware

Hello, blog followers!! I have a book review for you. :)

Earth Unaware (The First Formic War, #1)
By: Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston

***** 5/5 stars! I really like the Ender books and have read most of them. This series takes us back and sets the scene for the original Ender's Game book(s). We knew that there was a First Formic War and the preparation for the Second Formic War is the setting to Ender's Game, but we really didn't know much about that first war. This book allows a look into some of the technology of the time, where humans were with space travel, as well as a limited view of the mind set of the time.

I really like the characters. I like the amount of characters and how we see them through to the end. I think the characters are very three dimensional and relatable. One of my favorite scenes is between Rena and Segundo. The thoughts, love, and tenderness shared really touched me and brought to mind the relationship I have with my wonderful husband. 

I like this book and the smaller stories put together that make it up, but note that this whole book is really only a set up to the actual war. I will be reading the next installment, Earth Afire, soon and will let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment