Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Serotonin Withdrawals

Saturday, I ran out of depression medication.  Supposedly, I never told Mark to pick up the new prescription while he was a the store (I swear I told him and that he just forgot!!!).  Sunday, after the post-church-craziness settled down, I ran up to the store to grab my prescription.  Apparently the pharmacy closes at 4pm on Sunday...which I didn't know since I don't normally go on Sundays.  I got there at 4:04.  :\

When I finally made it over to the pharmacy on Tuesday, (You read that right.  I didn't leave my house or even put on real clothes on Monday.) I decided I better ask the pharmacist if I should hurry and take a bunch of the pills or double up or anything like that.  She asked me if I was sick to my stomach or cognitively foggy.  "No... should I be?" (I assume she meant more 'foggy' than I generally feel as a mother.)  Apparently, going off depression medication can cause serotonin withdrawals and therefore withdrawal symptoms like fogginess and a sick stomach.  WHAT?!?! Who knew?!?! It turns out that I am a serotonin junkie!! LOL!  I knew the happiness I've been feeling lately was all drug induced. ;)

For all of our information, I just Wiki'ed it and found out that serotonin withdrawal is totally a real thing and can cause a bunch of symptoms.  "Common responses to dose reduction or cessation include dizziness, electric shock-like sensations, sweating, nausea, insomnia, tremor, confusion, nightmares, and vertigo."  Note for future reference...not something I want to go through.  I guess I'll just have to stay hopped up on serotonin for the rest of my life!! :)  Here's to a drug induced euphoria, Cheers!!

I should totally be a hand model!!

Keep track of what is happening At The Beech House by following us on Facebook.

What do you think? Share your thoughts on Serotonin Withdrawal below.


No comments:

Post a Comment