Saturday, November 9, 2013

Recipe: Reese's Fudge

When I saw this recipe, of course I was all over it.  I'm sure you all remember how much I love chocolate peanut butter in ice cream form, so why not in fudge form?  Well, I do love it...so much!!  It was so easy to make and so delicious.  This would be a great recipe to make with kids (so that you could make the kids open all of the Reese's).



I didn't read the recipe very carefully before I sent my husband to the store so I had him buy the mini cups instead of the regular ones.  Also, I don't own a 9x9" pan so I had to use an 8x8" pan.  Luckily for me, neither of those things made a big difference! :)  I unwrapped 25 of the mini cups (making sure to lick the Reese's remnants out of each brown wrapper) and put them in the foil lined and sprayed pan.


I then walked the sauce pan into my living room to get my 3 cups of chocolate chips, because that's where my 37 pounds of chocolate chips live, in my living room.


I then put the chips and the sweetened condensed milk over medium low heat and chopped all of the remaining (minus the one I ate) cups into smaller pieces.

 
With my full attention on the chocolate, I turned the heat up to medium and stirred until smooth.  I very carefully poured it over the peanut butter cups then hurried and sprinkled the chopped pieces.


I gave the fudge a few minutes to cool on the counter (while I ate the extra fudge out of the pan. Yum.) then popped it in the fridge to finish stiffening up.

Good, easy, and not going to see tomorrow ;)



Reese's Fudge

22 individual Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (regular size), unwrapped -16 for the bottom and 6 crumbled on the top

3 cups chocolate chips

1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk

 -Next time I might try cutting up the bottom Reese's as well, I think the fudge might cut better and have a better peanut butter distribution.  I'll let you know if I do. :)

You can find the whole recipe at the Six Sister's Stuff website.


Follow At The Beech House on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment